11.10.2007

Baby Shower card and gift box

I'm going to a friend's baby shower in a few minutes, but I thought I'd post these pics really quickly before I go. I was busy most of the morning with this project... the card more so than the box. I just took an old Christmas gift box, and cut a piece of white cardstock to size to fit over the top image. I then just stamped a bunch of baby images on the cardstock. I used double sided tape to secure it to the box top, then colored the outside edges with matching markers. The colors are Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink.
The original gift box

Baby gift box
A little closer... sorry, the colors are light, so I had a hard time with the photos.


The card was certainly another matter. I have seen a couple of cards like this on other stamping blogs, and didn't have a pattern to work with, so I ended up making my own (which was a little time consuming!) Again, the colors are Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink. The striped paper is actually tissue paper that I just glued on to white cardstock to give it some substance. The ribbon is some that was given to me by a friend, but I'm thinking it may be Barely Banana organza(?). The punches I used are all Marvy Uchida. I colored in the Baby Gift stamp with some watercolor markers, but didn't want to make the ink I stamped the image with run, so I just left it "as is."

All closed up...

Open...

Stamps I used:

Baby Firsts; A Little Love; Welcome, Little One; Very Punny; Fancy Flexible Phrases; Riveting; Swell News

No comments: