12.11.2007

Finally... my Christmas cards!

Well, finally, here are my Christmas cards for this year... well, about half of them anyway. I made 5 of the one above at a stamping party.

This year, I was trying to do Christian/spiritual/religious cards, rather than just winter cards. I know that I very often forget that there's a reason we call it CHRISTmas! So - I borrowed my SU! demonstraters "religious" stamp sets, and created these two cards:
Merry Christmas - Journey to Bethlehem
Journey to Bethlehem card open
I love this set... I think it is so cute that Mary is pregnant! I actually cut out paper to make the hills in the forefront of the city of Bethlehem. I used Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke, and Mellow Moss for the colors of ink, markers and cardstock. The silver is a Silver Paint Pen... it made a better finish than my gel pen. The snowflake background is Snowflake Sky by Brother Sister Design Studio. The little Merry Christmas is from Fancy Flexible Phrases (SU!), and the other stamps are from a retired SU! set that I don't know the name of. I used a Marvy Jumbo Scalloped square punch, and the rest of the pieces I cut with my cutter from Staples (it includes a deckle edge blade.)

Nativity Christmas Blessings
These stamps are from various SU! sets, but I couldn't tell you the name of any of them! The Nativity scene and inside sentiments are retired. The other stamps are bits and pieces of various sets I liked and pulled together. The colors are the same as listed above. The ribbon is SU!'s satin Purely Pomegranate. The color is so rich it almost makes my mouth water! The corner punch is SU! as well, and the brads are Memory Makers.

Chris gave out these cards to his co-workers (most of whom are unsaved!) today... and called me this afternoon to let me know that they LOVED them. Even one of the grouchy old men taped his to the front of his desk! Chris said that one of the office ladies was walking around to see which of the 3 cards everyone else got! That makes me feel good... and maybe, just maybe, they'll look past the beauty and see the CHRIST of CHRISTmas! :-)

No comments: