12.26.2007

More Christmas Cards

Yes, it's after Christmas and I'm STILL making Christmas cards! Soon you will know the REASON why I'm so far behind, but for now, you'll just have to put up with Christmas cards for a litte while longer. I LOVE Christmas, so it doesn't bother me ONE bit! :-)

I got the shimmery red and green paper from Staples... the green is pearlescent Gamma Green, and the red is pearlescent Re-entry Red. :-) Love those names! White cardstock is Walmart, and black is Basic Black from SU. I got the little green tree punch-out from a friend, so no idea what that is made from! Sentiment is Papertrey Ink Holiday Wishes, (I LOVE this company, and look forward to MAYBE just getting my hands on more of their sets in the future) stamped in Color Box fluid chalk ink in Warm Red. The little tiny gingerbread man is another stamp I have no idea where it came from, the gingerbread background on the red is SU! wheel with ink from Michael's, and the tiny tree bkgrnd is TAC, stamped in Garden Green from SU!


The paper on this card is the same as above. Green vine bkgrnd is from SU! retired set Holiday Hedgehogs, as is the Hedgehog stocking, both stamped in Garden Green. Red bkgrnd ornament stamp is also SU! retired Little Layers II. Sentiment is again Papertrey Ink Holiday Wishes. Ribbon is from Walmart. I colored the hedgehog with colored pencils, gel pens, and a blender pen dipped in the Color Box Fluid Chalk Warm Red ink that I also used for the sentiment and red background. The silver faux stitches on the black were done freehand with a silver paint pen, and the tiny black doodling on the top and bottom of the white was also done freehand with a black pen. I also used glitter to make the ornament sparkle!


I made a few varieties of this Hedgehog card... here are some pics of the subtle variations:

Instead of ribbon, I used the silver paint pen to attemp to make faux brads, then outlined them in black pen. It looked OK, but I STILL wasn't happy!
FINALLY, I remembered my little star punch (I think it's Fiskars) and thought it tied in well with the stars on the stocking. No more faux stitching on the rest of the 20 that I made... too time consuming, and I liked the star punch so much, I left well enough alone! :-)

Here is yet ANOTHER card... same paper, same ink (SU! Garden Green, Color Box Fluid Chalk in Warm Red), black ribbon from Walmart, TAC tree on green bkgrnd, SU! Riveting on red bkgrnd, and the tree is from SU!'s Holiday mini collection catalogue, Season of Joy. I just cut out the tree, and in doing so cut off the star on the top.
I still have about 40 more cards to make, so I'll be busy still! More Christmas cards to come...

No comments: