3.15.2008

Classic Pickups

Here are a few cards that I've made lately with the set from SU! "Classic Pickups."
This first one is a birthday card. The patterned paper is a scrap that I inherited from someone else. I also used SU! Baroque Burgundy and True Thyme cardstock and ink. The brads are from Spare Parts, and the twill ribbon is actually a trach tie. A trach tie is what they used to use to hold trachs in patients... you know the device that some people have in their throat to help them breathe correctly after a tracheostomy. Well, every trach comes with twill ties, but all of my patients have used velcro trach ties. So, with the family's permission, I get to keep the twill ties for my stamping (for free) and they don't throw good twill ribbon away for nothing! :-)
This card is actually JUST the oval... I stamped it and inserted it in with the birthday card below. The cardstock and ink are SU! Confetti white and Buckaroo Blue. The hemp twine and silver rectangle tag are both from Walmart. The "thanks" (which is a little difficult to see) is from SU!'s Year Round Cheer.This is a birthday card I made. Again, the patterned paper is SU!, but it's scraps that I inherited. The cardstock and ink is SU! Sahara Sand, Confetti White, True Thyme, Marigold Morning, and Buckaroo Blue. I distressed the right hand edge of the paper, as well as the circle around the truck with scissors, then scraped the edges in the ink. The eyelets are Spare Parts and the hemp again from Walmart.
This card is basically the same as above, with the addition of Cranberry Crisp cardstock and a little ink. I used an SU! blender pen dipped in Cranberry Crisp and Marigold Morning for the flame paint job, blending the two colors to make the orange in the middle. I really liked this patterned paper, and I LOVE the truck stamps! I wish I would have ordered that set before it retired, but my friend lets me borrow her stamps whenever I want, so I can't complain! :-)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: