10.03.2007

Lighthouse birthday

I made this card for my grandpa's 89th birthday! I first tried the lighthouse in the middle (which actually is an oval image) in Cool Carribean cut out with an oval punch, but it just didn't work for me. Then I came up with this idea.
The lighthouses on the left and right are from The Angel Company (TAC), and the one in the middle is from Stampendous. I stamped them in Bordering Blue, Sage Shadow, and Night of Navy respectively, then matted them in the matching cardstock. I cut out the images using a deckle scissors. The hemp twine I tied some sort of sailor's knot, then glued the wooden buttons on with glue dots. The buttons I actually cut off the front of a sweater that was given to me! I didn't care for the way the sweater fit me, but I loved the buttons, so I just carefully cut them off... and took the rest of the sweater (no one else would ever know!) to Goodwill. :-)

My grandpa loved this card! :-)

No comments: