10.13.2007

Winter Wishes

Thursday I went to my friend Brenda's house for a Christmas card workshop. Brenda is our SU! demonstrator, and she also goes to our church. The next couple posts are all cards we did at the workshop.
This is a very simple looking card, but not so simple to do. The most difficult part was lining up the outline of the snowflake with the solid fill-in.


All of the products used here are SU!
Stamps: Supersize Snowflake
Cardstock: Winter White, Bashful Blue
Ink: Versamark, Brocade Blue (stamped off)
Other: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, silver elastic cord
I first inked the outline of the snowflake in Brocade Blue, then stamped it on a scratch piece of paper ("stamping off") and then on my cardstock. Then, I inked the solid snowflake in Versamark, and tried to line it up inside the outline (very difficult to do!) I applied Iridescent Ice embossing powder over the Versamark (I had to fill in some of the outline with a Versamark marker - the ink just didn't cover very well) and then heated it. I then inked the sentiment in Brocade Blue, stamped it off, and then stamped it on my cardstock. I then tied the silver cord in place, affixed it to the Bashful Blue cardstock, and wa-la! Here it is. (In the second picture you can see the shimmer of the Iridescent Ice a little better. Sorry, the picture quality isn't all that great!)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love this card! Beautiful! You did a good job lining it all up!

I just noticed you commented on some of my cards. I had no idea b/c I don't have it on moderate comments and let me know!

Ha Ha So sorry, I never answered your question about one of the cards, I did now! I just saw you had posted a couple days ago.

Karen