10.03.2007

Thanks... you BRIGHTENED my day!


This is a thank you/friend card I made for my dear friend Josie. She loves daisies. The focal image is daisies from a TAC set I got from a friend, as well as the sentiment. The "Thanks" is from SU! Year Round Cheer. The background flowers are from Hero Arts. They all came together on one stamp, but I didn't like them that way. I cut all the pieces apart and mounted them on cling foam so that I could use them separately. I used So Saffron (a first for me), Brocade Blue, and Mellow Moss. The image and sentiment are matted in Brocade Blue, and the ribbon is white ribbon that I got at Walmart. I just colored it with my Mellow Moss marker, and it worked very nicely (much to my surprise!)
The center of the flowers is cork circles that are self adhesive. My grandma sent them to me. At the senior center where she works, they were doing some kind of project that had them punching out these circles from cork board. She thought I could use them for a stamping project, so she saved a bunch for me. They work GREAT for flower centers.
The inside of the card used the stamp my friend sent me for my birthday... it says "What if the HOKEY POKEY really IS what it's all about?" I'm not sure I'll use that stamp often, but it makes me smile every time I look at it!
Thanks for looking!

No comments: