10.03.2007

Red Sox Baseball Birthday

This card I made for my bro-in-law who is turning 22 on Friday. I've made several cards with this image (SU! Take Me Out to the Ballgame), so I was trying to do something a little different with it. Chris suggested that I make him a Red Sox player.
I stamped the image in Going Gray. I used my Ruby Red and Night of Navy markers to write in the "Red Sox" on the jersey (the jersey on the image says "CHAMPS" so I just didn't ink that part of the image to get it so that I could write in Red Sox), as well as the "B" on the hat. I touched my Blender pen to the Ruby Red to color in the socks and the shirt sleeves, and the Navy for the hat so they wouldn't be too dark. I used watercolor pencils on the shoes and bat, and again used the blender pen. The sentiment is from TAC (the card needed a little extra "something.") I matted both the image and the sentiment with Ruby Red and Night of Navy, tearing the paper on the bottom of the image for some variety. It's been a while since I used that technique.
Thanks for looking! :-)

1 comment:

Ruthy said...

So cute! You're just so creative!