6.21.2007

Dad Chromy's The Lighthouse

I made this cross-stitch for my dad. This is one of the very first cross-stitches I ever made, and I made almost ALL of the pattern myself. I apologize again for the picture quality. The birds, lettering, and seashells at the bottom of the cliff are the only parts of the pattern that I took from something else. There are thousands of stitches in this, and it took me FOREVER because I had to do all of the shading and such as I worked. The wording is the first verse and chorus of the old song, "The Lighthouse," which is my dad's favorite song.
Here is a picture of the pattern that I worked from... the grid paper kind of makes your eyes go a little crazy! :-)
Also, here is the picture that gave me the inspiration to make this particular lighthouse:

No comments: