6.25.2007

Nathan&Caroline's Wedding Welcome

This wraps up the posting of the cross-stitches that I have made so far, and I think this is by far one of my favorites! I LOVE this color combination, and the framing came out PERFECT! I didn't get to frame this one myself because of its odd size. Hobby Lobby did an EXCELLENT job, and I got 50% off the cost of the frame.
Nathan & Caroline get married this weekend (yeah - I finally got one done in time!) I took the color palette from the things that they registered for. It is difficult to tell in the picture, but I added metallic thread to the "WELCOME" and "Established June 30, 2007" and iridescent thread to the "N" in "Nathan" and the "C" in Caroline, as well as "Chromy." I thought the extra little "bling" was cool.
They needed something that was somewhat neutral, as they will still be in school for a couple of years, and don't really have a specific decor for their rooms. I really got my inspiration from their bedding, which is a brown/bronze with little vines and blue and orange flowers on it. I liked this one so much, I told Chris that I may have to make one like this for our house! I am THRILLED with how this turned out, and I hope they love it as much as I do!

No comments: